By Alex Bernstein
1. What message are you hoping people will receive when they read your book?
There are some journeys in life that will take you where you least expect.
2. Why did you write this book?
Why does anybody write anything? I had an idea (or a few) and turned it into a story that I hope resonates with those who read it.
3. What has been the hardest part of the publishing process?
For me, it was the cover design.
I was limited in my options and couldn’t find a cover that fit with the original title.
4. What has been the biggest (pleasant) surprise in your publishing journey?
I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and supportive members of the writing community are.
5. Would you write a sequel to your book? Why or why not?
I would write a prequel. It would help better explain the origins of each character.
6. What author or book has influenced your writing?
7. You are stranded on an island with only 3 books. What are their titles?
The Nix, Raft Building for Dummies, The Complete Works of Stephen King.
8. What is your philosophy about rejection?
Everybody gets rejected the first time. Don’t let a couple rejection letters discourage you from what you love to do.
9. Do you have a day job? What is it?
Yes. I’m a pharmacy technician.